Thursday, October 03, 2013

Onwards My 10th Year Anniversary as a Blogger

In 2004, at the height of Friendster's popularity, my friend Janet (not Napoles) introduced me to Blogger. She said I might like the site because she thinks it suits me.

So, some weeks after that, I tried checking Blogger and created my account. At that point, I think that Blogger is a free web hosting site like freewebs.

On October 13, 2004, I posted information about myself. That was my first blog. And I sent the link to my college friends and they were amazed I have my own "website". I also told them to try it but they didn't. They are just not really interested.

So my studies continue and I have already forgotten about my blog site. Then I get email that blogger became blogspot. But I still continue writing thoughts, articles, etc. about anything I think I must have a say offline.

I also created a multiply account and it has given me new venue for blogging. I think I have posted some blogs there. The unforgettable entry I made there is my review of the Global Fun Carnival on December of 2007. Until multiply reformatted and I wasn't able to retrieve them due to my procrastination. Even my pictures were lost, gone.

Facebook came, and I became an active user. Then I learned about its notes feature and started posting there. Then I stopped updating my notes.

On July 2010, I started using twitter. After some months in the microblogging site, I get to know Tumblr and find it quite nice and cute. Then I posted blogs again--just another personal blog site of mine. It works just like twitter. 

On May 2013, my #katwitz pals invited me to the iBlog9. I attended the two-day Philippine Blogging Summit. It was great! I get to know the true value of blogging. Right then and there I decided to get serious, not really serious, with blogging. So I made some changes in my blogspot account and made some post. So far I have 7 posts. At least, when I go to the iBlogX, I will be proud to promote my site to all the  bloggers there.

My site may be old but I am still a newbie. So, few days before my 9th year as a blogger, I will start my journey to my ten years of productive blogging.

Charaught! 

PS: 
Sana may follow up post ako. Igz!

2 comments:

kayte said...

Great! Apir !:)

Edgy Dulds said...

Thanks, Kayte!
You might also want to start posting blogs.